Sunday, January 24, 2010

Malcom-Jamal Warner Hits for Haiti Relief


People always ask me what my next venture or interview will be or what country I'll find myself freely galavanting about; and my answer is always: I'm working on it. Just know it's something to be recokned with. I take what I do seriously, but with a grain of salt because at the end of the day, it's a hustle.

Haiti has been cursed with a devastating earthquake and its people are suffering more than ever. Their resilient spirit keeps those in pain, alive. Their zest for life keeps them bending over, lifting heavy building foundations, in short hopes of recovering lost ones.

Millions of people have shed their humanitarian light by collectively mobilzing efforts in aiding Haiti get back on its feet. It's a matter of emergency.

Childhood TV star, turned adult actor, producer, film writer and producer, Malcom-Jamal Warner is one of those humanitarians.

He and his band will perform groovey, Funkjazz tunes at the eclectic 595 venue, Friday, January 29, in benefit of Haiti relief. The night will be funky, exciting and at minimum, a throw-back to old times of peace, girating dance moves and fret slides.

No Huxtablisms, please.

So, you ask what my next venture will be. I see the evening turning into a sequestered moment of an in-person, intimate interview with my favorite Dr.'s son. We'll talk about his music venture, his band, what inspires him and of course, I'll touch on his favorite food and what entices his palate. For that interview, you'll have to visit Flanboyant Eats in a few weeks!

If you're in Atlanta, come support this funk fest in benefit of Haiti and experience some magical music!

What: MALCOM-JAMAL WARNER' MILES LONG EXPERIENCE
When: FRIDAY, JANUARY 29TH, 2010; Showtime @ 10 pm
Where: 595 NORTH AVE., ATLANTA, GA

$15 Cover (proceeds going to Haitian Earthquake Relief)

www.malcomjamalwarner.com



No comments: